Trinity at a glance
The church was originally the Wesleyan Methodist Church, part of the "saddle bag preachers" in the Niagara Circuit. In 2005, Trinity was designated as an heritage site; the current building was erected with the distinctive Nonnan Tower in 1849. A church bell weighing 415 pounds was placed in the tower in 1851.
This attractive Gothic Revival or Regency Gothic style church with beautifully detailed stained glass windows and impressive stone exterior, was completed in 1849 and remains in its original site making it a landmark in the community. It is he oldest church continuously used for worship In Thorold.
The beautiful sanctuary is surrounded by stained glass windows and has a wide centre aisle making it ideal for weddings. Our organ, a three-manual Woodstock with a solo manual and approximately 2000 pipes, has been the centre for amazing concerts.
We became Trinity United in 1925 with the introduction of Church Union. The church hall was added in 1957. An elevator at the main door of the church and a lift to the lower hall provides full accessibility.